July 14, 2024

God is Good

 Good evening, greetings from Paraguay. 

 It is hotter here than it was in Brazil when I left there and this is supposed to be the beginning of their winter, hope it will get cooler here soon. I had a few challenging moments at the airport, but everything worked out with the help from an angel God sent, and her name was Vania, which means God is Gracious. She helped me find my way to the boarding gate by taking a shuttle bus, which was separate from the main concourse, where my flight to Paraguay was to leave on my second leg of my trip. After checking in we had to board the plane using a portable staircase, I asked someone to help me get my heavy carry-on bag up to the door of the plane. After a half an hour delay we finally took off, because they couldn't get the staircase to separate from the plane. I had friends who would be waiting to pick me up in Paraguay. When the plane landed a flight attendant asked me while I was still buckled in my seat, if I would like some help after leaving the plane, I thought, why not, I was tired from all the moving of my luggage. But when I got at the door of the plane there was a man waiting there with a wheelchair, At first a was reluctant but I felt God wanted me to take it so I did. We past everyone and got to the luggage area first and I started to get off the chair, but he motioned for me to stay and so I pointed to my two suitcases and we were off again to the immigration area where I went to the head of the line and after that we were off again to the exit where I met Martin waiting for me. And then I understood why the man who was pushing the wheelchair was so insistent on helping me as he asked Martin for a tip for all his helping me.
That evening my new friend Martin and his teenage son picked me up at the airport and have been a gracious and wonderful  host. He bought me coffee and cookies after we left the airport and then paid for my hotel room, it was getting late, and I had only one hour of sleep the night before, because I was so excited about how God was working through my life. I was beat when we got to the hotel. I crashed in bed at 10:30 and was out cold and had to get up a few times to pee, but was back to sleep in seconds and finally got up at 7:30. Then when to the window and opened it up and prophesied out over the country of Paraguay. Then went down and got a free breakfast of juice and a large grilled ham and cheese sandwich that was included with my stay.
Martin arrived at 10am and we left, but after searching we were not able to find a hotel or apartment that I could rent, with a kitchen, in his town or close to where he lived and the one hotel without a kitchen was $350 a month However, while driving, Martin offered me a place in the back of his hardware store that has all the basic things I need, but in three different rooms. Where I sleep had a bed and A/C that was his office. The best part was that he offered it to me for free, but was to embarrass to mention it, because it was not has nice as the places we had looked at. I told him the more I spend on a place the less I have to give to the poor, so he offered my living quarters for free. The only thing lacking is a TV to pass the time, I can live with that, and I have Wi-Fi and A/C. There is also a supermarket right next door, with a deli section with a variety of hot Paraguayan dishes. Also, there is a bank close by that he took me to so I could withdraw money from a bank machine in Paraguay currency. Their 100 bill is equal to $13 in American money. It helps me know the cost of things when I buy at the market. and so far they are very reasonable, a large whole rotisserie chicken is about $4.00
God is sooo Good. He keeps bringing more and more people into my life to love and bless and restore.