October 15, 2024

A Special Trips

I got to spend another day with Oscar, and with his niece this time, who is about 15 and had a great laugh. A few days ago we tried to go to Lake Titicaca, which means gray puma,a large mountain cat that roams the shoreline. Titicaca is the largest high alpine lake in the world, but the roads were blocked about half way there, so it didn't happen. However, the roads were open again, so we left at 9am yesterday. It was over a 100 miles away and took about 5 hours because of a lot of traffic going through the city to get there. As we went through the city the main road was lined with hundreds of food stands with very large bags of potatoes and onions and other vegetables. There were also about a hundred small round 16'metal trays that had small chunks of wood burning on them or would be burned later. Oscar informed me that these burnings were offered by witches as a sacrifice to the gods of the earth for a good harvest. They also lived along the road in metal sheds. I told Oscar that I would pray for them that God would open their eyes to the truth that it is the Lord God who blessed the harvest, and all of this was communicated over his cellphone. Then a voice came over the phone that stated she had been listening to our conversation and said she agreed with what I said. Wow! I asked God to bless her. Then we continue on our journey. The lake, Titicaca was huge and a beautiful two colors of emerald blue and green like the seas around many of the tropical islands. It was over a hundred miles long and it borders Peru on the other side and central to the Andes mountain range in South America. We had to take a small narrow three car ferry to cross about 2 mile the narrowest part of the lake to go to where Oscar wanted to eat. It turned out to be the small city of Casablanca, same name as the Capital city in Morocco in North Africa. This small town overlooked a bay full of boats. We were all hungry and ordered lasagna at a restaurant with outside dining and enjoyed the view while we waited and ate. The meal was very good and filling, and I paid for it, which I wanted to do to show my appreciation to Ocsar. Then we stopped at a very old, but beautiful Catholic church that is now a museum, I think, because of the police that guarded it. As we started to enter the church we noticed a poor hagged old woman sleeping on the concrete just as you entered the doorway. So I gently woke her and gave her some money, and told her God loved her. She was now a very happy old and toothless woman, but still one of God's children in need of His love and provision. Then we went in and prayed. My prayer was that those who came here would come to know the Truth and be set free. I also declared that this church would not be standing in the Kingdom of God as it is today. Afterwards, we headed back for the long drive yet it was now sunset and even more beautiful, with evening shadows and some thunderclouds and some rain showers in the distance. Back in the city it was bumper to bumper traffic and it seemed like every other car was a silver or gray extended taxi van taking people home. We didn't get back to my apartment until 8:45pm. It was an end to an awesome day and I thanked God for the wonderful friends He has given me. Another time we went to visit poor people who were sick at the local hospital which was very old and far from the standards you would expect to see in America. However the staff was very friendly and helpful in taking me to see different patients that I could pray for and also give them some money to help with their medication expenses. I saw almost a dozen patients young and old, male and female and it was one of my most rewarding experiences as I also got to declare their healing and restorations also. A few days later Oscar took me to The Summit which was the divide in a pass in the Andes Mountain range, in Bolivia, which also runs the length of western South America. It was about 20,000 feet in elevation and yet there was no snow there, which I found amazing, but it had been a very warm winter here. However, in the distance I could still see higher peaks with glaciers on them. From my standpoint I could see both east and west of Bolivia and the very steep roads that lead down the deep reviens on both sides of the country. At the summit there were still small fires burning that had been made by witches, making their offerings to the gods of the earth. So I dealt with these "high place" altar and offerings and brought down that evil influence off this country. I also prophesied over the future of Bolivia for the Kingdom of God and His children. Then we went and ate at a restaurant on the other side, from La Paz, that specializes in fresh trout meals. After our delicious meal we continued going down the other side of the mountain range and the foliage was so different, it was like a jungle, lush and green with tall trees of various kinds, including banana trees, and it was also a lot warmer as we descended down to about 2,000 feet and 90 degrees. Then we had to drive back up to La Paz which is at 14,000 feet in elevation and a lot cooler. It was a long, but beautiful drive, and we even picked up a few paying customs that I got to bless, as we were also in a taxi. But the best part of the day was getting to spend more time with Oscar, who God brought into my life for the Kingdom of God.