November 5, 2014

It is Finished.




This last week I went to the United States for about five day. I needed to get my tourist visa renewed at the border town of Nogales, to stay in Mexico for another six months Then there is another Nogales just across the borderline where I did some banking, and also got a care package from my wife. There was two beautiful shirt, almonds, two pounds of her delicious fudge, and some other things. I spent the night in my van next to a Mac Donald’s, where I could get WiFi, and I cheese burger still for a buck. It was also October 31 and all the children coming in were in costume. I really wonder how long it will take to see this holiday meet its end. After a walk, I went to bed, and got to see the sunrise from my van. I thought of all the mornings I used to see them when I lived in my van. I had mixed feelings about that, but it's still nicer to have a house. Then I went to Tucson to go to Costco and a Dollar Store to stock-up on some things that are not found in Mexico or a lot cheaper, including gasoline. I also bought some things for friends who had given me money for Costco items. Gasoline has gotten more expensive in Mexico, ever since I got there, it has never come down, just keeps getting higher and higher.

While I was in Tucson I stayed at Jerry's house, my landlord, for two nights. He fixed most of my meals except the first night, when his wife fixed a lovely dinner. It was a large beautiful house and there was a guest house add to the side with a large flower and desert garden that was walled-in, and his mother-n-law lives there. Jerry and I went to church the next morning. I had never been to a church quit like it. During the song service there was a worship team singing with colored lighting and strobes swaying. And the lead singer and guitarist was the minister, who was about fifty and Mexican. The church held about a thousand and they had two services. And all the electricity for the buildings were supplied by solar panels roofing that also provided shade to cars in the parking lot. The message was on faith from the book of Hebrews, and I had just been talking to Jerry about faith earlier that morning. This was definitely a grace church, and there were many young people and adults of all ages. Some even brought in their coffee espressos. I believe that wherever I go I'm to pray and so I did; that God would bless this pastor and church. The next morning before leaving Jerry shared some personal things and I prayed with him, that God would help him through some difficult circumstances, and that He was in control and will lead and guide him. Whatever the cost may be, His love will sustain him and after all, Christ is the most important thing.

I stayed back in Nogales again Monday night, did laundry and spent most of my American money I had withdrawn and bought a few more things and topped off my gas tank again. It was getting cold that night and by the next morning it was 36 degrees and ice was on my windshield. Burrrrr.

I had a nice quite drive, and a van with a lot of food. I cleared the border early that morning, without being stopped. But eventually, I felt I was to help some one with a ride. So I cleared the passenger seat and put it back on my bed with the other stuff. Then when I came to the next town I saw a old woman and a young girl needing a ride. So I stopped and help then in and had the girl sit on the ice chest that was between the two front seats. They spoke no English, and the girls name was Martha; she was ten and had two brothers. I gave them some snacks and we listen to my worship music for over an hour. Then I let them out in the next big town and told them God loved them very much. Then on the other side of town I saw another couple at the side of the road. This time it was a mother and her son, but spoke no English. We drove for over an hour and listened to music on a Mexican radio stations this time. I was just about five miles from San Carlos, and they were going another direction. The women had no husband and I told her is Spanish, God loved her and He was her husband, and God would be a father to her son. And He loved them both very much.

It was 85 degrees at 1:30pm, and I was back in San Carlos. I unloaded my van and mover my bed mat back into the house, hung my clothes and fixed lunch. That night I when to see my friends at the taco stand and give them bags of chocolate treats, I had bought at Costco. They thanks me and gave me big hugs and then they fixed me a hotdog, and gave me a Sprite to drink. Then Ana told me through her friend Allissia, that she had another friend whose son had tried to cross the border illegally this last weekend, and was injured in the confrontation and was now in the hospital. She wanted me to pray for him; so I took her and Allissia's hand and prayed. I prayed for forgiveness; regardless of his intention, for healing and complete restoration to the Father who loves him and his mother so much. Then they thanked me again and gave me big hugs and said, I love you. Wow, this is what life is all about. Loving God, and serving others, with His love, whenever He gives us the opportunity. Sometimes we even need to be looking along the roadway.

As I walked back to my house, I was so happy about the day, but then I began to wonder what else I could or should have done or prayed. Then God told me, it doesn't really matter what you say or do sometimes, because I know your heart and you mine and My will. Be assured Israel, it is done like you wanted and more, because it is finished.”

I don't know about others, but I want to keep walking and talking in the “it is finish.” What an awesome privilege God has given all His sons and daughters. Amen!