August 2, 2010

Simple Choices

"This is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."
(Psalm 118:24)
Everyday is a day that the Lord has established long before time began. A day in which He knows and has ordained every event regarding His creation, from the weather, to earthquakes to man's actions. He also knows the thoughts and hearts of each and every person alive—both good and bad. Everything is working toward God's good for all His children and the fulfillment of His Kingdom on the earth. If you're not one of His children, it won't be so good. However, I made a simple choice and so can you, a choice to accept His plan of salvation. To accept each day with gratefulness and to love, honor and serve the Lord our God. To be grateful for His love, grace and mercy that He showers on His sons and daughters each day.

I also made a choice to be thankful for whatever today may bring, whether I understand it or not, even the bad things. God is able to work everything out for my good and for the good of His Church of which I'm a part. I'm thankful for freedom to speak and worship.

I made a simple choice to be glad each day for all the simple and profound things, for being able to see all the wondrous things He has created, including incredible sunrises and sunsets and star-filled nights. For being able to move freely and to smell the fragrances of beautiful flowers, also to taste the foods we eat. To enjoy the warmth of the sun on my face or put my feet into the ocean sand. To be able to hear and talk to Him and communicate his love to others. To reach out and touch people and bless them in some way. To hear the laughter of children or hear a newborn baby cry. To make someone laugh or smile. I'm glad for being alive and able to praise and worship Him.

I also choose to rejoice, because He is my Peace and Joy and Comforter. But most of all, I rejoice because my Heavenly Father loves me and promises to never leave me or forsake me. And if for that reason alone, it is a very good day. Not to mention, all the wonderful blessings and promises he gives to those of us who walk according to His purposes. I've made a simple choice for today—it is a day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. How about you?