November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

"Give thanks in all things for this is the will of God concerning you." 
(1 Thess. 5:18) 

Last Sunday, I told my wife to go on to church without me. I had left this little church nine months ago, but God seems to keep drawing me back there more often. However, I didn't feel like going that morning, and I just wanted to stay home. So I rolled over in bed expecting to get a little more rest, and spend some time alone with God. But, then the Lord told me I needed to go. So I finally got up, but my wife had already left to help put together ten large Thanksgiving Baskets of packaged and canned food, that the church had collected—a complete family meal and more, including whole turkeys and five pounds of potatoes. Then they would give them out to needy families in the community after church that morning.

I arrived at church on time. Then during the song service, the pastor's wife played an old hymn, Count Your Blessings, on the piano. After each verse, she asked people if they would stand up and share what they were thankful for. Many people stood and thanked God for a number of things, such as their health, family, friends, God's love and much more. I finally stood up and thanked God that this has been the best year in my life. And if I were to count my blessings one my one, we would be there for a very long time. I also added that I had been seeing the future and beginning to realize how awesome and wonderful our God really is.

When I was through talking and sat down, I realized there was more to be said, but it would come later. So now I'm telling you my friends and readers. I also understood I needed to be at the little church whether I felt like it or not, even if it is to say a few words of thanks, to love, and bless my brothers and sisters. I was also able to help carry some very heavy food baskets out to people's cars.

Our lives affect many others more than we realize and no single person has effected my life more than Sheldon David, and for that I am truly thankful. We have been greatly blessed by his life, ministry and writings. He is truly a man after God's own heart. I am also thankful for my wife and family, they are very special to me. We have so much to be thankful for and I thank God everyday even for the trials and unpleasant circumstances.

I am thankful for God's blessings and His restoration of all things. I am thankful for the Kingdom of Heaven and the angelic force that stand behind His word for our protection, prosperity and so much more. I'm thankful, that by His strips we are healed and His dying for our sins. I'm thankful for the cross we bear for the souls of others. I am thankful that our enemy, satan, has been defeated and is under our feet, and we have the victory.

I am also very thankful for our country and all our faithful readers around the world. This has been an amazing year and it's not over yet. God has done so many wonderful things. He has shared more secrets with us and greater incites of Himself. I'm thankful for those who have looked behind the vale, and for others have stepped crossed the threshold, to see Him face to face. I'm thankful for seeing and hearing some of the things God has in store for us.

I am thankful for my name, Israel David, and for the heart of a patriarch. I am thankful for new hope and vision. God has given me a new passion for the Jewish Nation. My name and life is a prophecy in which they too will be restored.

This past year, I have also shared my life in ways I never expected. I desire to live out my life to its fullest in Christ. You have also learned some of my mistakes, including my editing ones, only to see that I'm a simple man with a passion for the Father's heart. I am also a voice calling out to the lost, and His hands to help the needy and the hurting. I'm thankful for everyone who reaches out to touch the hem of His garment.

The Lord says, there are many signs, wonders and miracles coming soon to this world, and we hope to share some of them with you. In the meantime I'm thankful for all He has done, is doing, and will do. I am thankful for you, the Body of Christ and the sons of God for your faithfulness to our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Faithful One and greatly to be praised. Remember:

"Give thanks to the Lord for He is Good."