February 28, 2011

Love Songs

I am a romantic at heart, especially when it comes to Jesus. As a man I often find it hard to describe just how I feel about Him; the lover of my soul. I don't know if it has to do with age, or being a man, or just me. Yet, sometimes I find that certain songs are able to capture some of my feeling and emotions. But, know this for certain that my love for God is to difficult to describe with human words. And yet my love is no match for His.

There are many anointed and inspired song writers that tried to capture that love with artistic words and expressions that have become classic. Many of them are older hymns. There are also some secular song that people have try to express love between a man and a women. However, Jesus Christ is the greatest romantic lover of all and the inspiration for true love. Nothing can compare to the love of God. He even sings to us through songs and poetry that He inspires others to write and sing. Sometimes He even gives me a song, when my soul is crying out or desiring to know Him more.

I am a son of God, I am also a part of the Bride of Christ. Therefore, my love places me in a feminine position of loving Jesus. He is the head, my husband and my lover and I am His. He is also my past, my present, and my future. Everything I posses and all that I am are tied to Him by a covenant of love. To sum it all up, He is my life. Furthermore, I can identify with many of the old hymns that capture some of those same feelings. Such as, I'd Rather Have Jesus or Without Him, I could do nothing, I Need Thee, Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus, I Surrender AllIf That Isn't Love and Amazing Grace

There are many more current worship song that express my love for Him as well: Such as, I Exalt Thee, I Love You Lord, I Call Your NameFact to Face, You are the air I Breath,  In The Arms of Love, When I look at You, I Love You, Holy is The Lord, Abba Father, True Intimacy, Peace, Deeper Still, Your love and When I Look at You and many many more. I sure you have your favorites ones also, that you listen to and sing along. There are so many wonderful and anointed songs today, ones for everyone taste, and I am so thankful for them. In some of my darkest moment and seasons, I found strength in listing to worship music. There is nothing that satan hates more than when we worship God out of the suffering of our soul.

Music also brings hope and joy to the soul whether spiritual or secular. Even dancing makes us feel alive, especially in a world that struggles to find reality. God even enjoys dancing with us too. He want to see His children happy and free. 

Our spirit needs to worship, and God created music for worship, pleasure, meditation, enjoyment and dance, as a way to express our love and joy. It's also a way for our soul to express our hopes and dreams and sometimes even our pain and sorrow. The Lord say, there's a new sound of praise and worship coming that will change the world. I can't wait to hear them.

Sometimes I find my self singing along with secular love songs that  express how I feel about my relationship with God. Such as; The Power of Love, The First Time I Ever Saw Your Face, You Raised Me Up, or You are so Beautiful to Me and an old song written by Elvis Presley, The Wonder of You:
When no-one else can understand me 
When everything I do is wrong 
You give me hope and consolation 
You give me strength to carry on 

And you're always there to lend a hand 
In everything I do 
That's the wonder 
The wonder of you 

And when you smile the world is brighter 
You touch my hand and I'm a king 
Your kiss to me is worth a fortune 
Your love for me is everything 

I'll guess I'll never know the reason why 
You love me like you do 
That's the wonder 
The wonder of you

Note: No I didn't do everything wrong, but maybe Elvis felt that way. Yet there were times in my past that I felt that way too. However, God has forgiven me and He has restored me. He overlooks my stumbles, and He knows my true desires. Now I walk in His glory and anointing to fulfill the call on my life. He's mending my heart and has removed the pains of mistakes, accusations and abuse, and replaced them with His incredible Love. Life is not to be always about suffering for Christ's sake, but there will be travail for those who are called to birth something greater beyond themselves. Love songs makes it easier to endure them too.