June 22, 2011

Time for a Change

As you know Sheldon David is a special friend of mine and  has had a great influence on my life. He has helped me in so many ways and I am very thankful. This decade is going to be awesome despite all the negative news we see and hear. God is in full control of everything. I have encourage other people to listen to what Sheldon has to says and writes on his Cloak of Zeal blog site. But we should also seek to know God's heart and will for ourselves as well. Politicians promise change, yet we rarely see it. But, this world still needs to change and for that to happen we need to change.

Anyway, last Thursdays Sheldon and I went for a walk around a small lake. About half way through the walk, we sat down, and he told me that it had come time for us to part our ways, and for me to be on my own and hear God more for myself and not depend so much on him, his anointing, counselings or prophetic words. Ouch!

I remember about years ago God telling us, "I separate to establish." At that time that statement had multiple meanings. However, for Sheldon and I, it also meant that he was to quit editing my blog articles. It would give him more time to do his things and for me to evaluate and correct my own articles. Which I'm sure you have noticed. Since then, we still continued our time together on Friday evening to worship and be in the presence of God. The power of God presence has continued to increase over these past months, and He had been speaking between two and three hours every Friday. However, this time God was taking separation to another level, which was and is for my good. Although my flesh is still feeling a little insecure at times. But in my heart I know it is the right thing, and I keep reminding myself this is a good thing.

For the last three years Sheldon and I have met and worshiped God together, and during those times I have learned many things, some of it I have shared with you, such as knowing the Father's heart, the Kingdom of God, and who we are in Christ. God has also shown me some of my future. All these things will continue to increase for God's sons and daughters. Yet, for David and I there will be no more Friday meetings.


That same day, Sheldon also said that I should trash my CD copies of our Friday worships meetings and not depend on them, but learn to hear God for myself. I wasn't totally surprised about us separating, I knew it would eventually happen, maybe a little sooner than I would have preferred. However, the CD's was another story. I had about forty with about 100 hours of prophecies. There where incredible revelations on them worth hearing again and again, plus I had wanted to give them to my grandson, Joshua, whom God has called to be a prophet also. It would have been something for him to have heard David's "conversation prophecies" and our prayers. But that won't be happening now, because I trashed them all as soon as I got home. If I had hesitated too long I believe I would have been focusing on other reasons to keep them. This was one of the most painful sacrifices I every made. 

Sheldon still has his own copies and maybe someday others will still get to hear them. I also believed I was to dumped my personal journals for the past twenty years along with the CD's. The past is the past and all things become new and so a new beginning starts for me. It's time for change and move with the cloud. When God closes one door, He will always open another, but we usually have to close the other door first. That take faith and so I've obeyed.

We must depend on God, and God alone. In fact that's what God want and expects of all His sons and daughters to eventually do. It's just like being a young eagle when it ready to leaves its parent's nest built high on a cliff or tree. It's a leap of faith. The eagle learns to fly the moment it leaves the nest never to return to the place where it was raised and nurtured. Now the young eagle must solely depend on instincts to find its place in a world apart from its parents. So too there comes a time for us when we must leave our natural and our spiritual parents, and find our future in Christ alone. We need to trust in God and the instincts that were given to us before time, to become who we really are. All the anointing and authority that the Heavenly Father has given us will kick-in by faith. Now we must depend on the Heavenly Father and His awesome covenant and promises with Abraham.

These kind of decisions never seem to come at a "good" time. Such is the situation for me now. But God knows best and I must trust Him and His timing. I have a lot to think and pray about. I know His voice and He will guide me. Things are rapidly changing and I want to be ready. There is still more healing and restoration that need to be done in me and my wife. The cost in following Christ has been great, but so are the rewards. The best days are ahead of us, not behind. Yet, the most important thing is to know Abba Father,  and stay in His presence.