August 23, 2011

Open Door

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you." When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, 'Surely the LORD is in this place, and I was not aware of it.' He was afraid and said, 'How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven.'" (Genesis 28:15-17)

After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here." (Revelation 4:1 underline mine) 

Jacob was the first man to see something few men have ever seen. Saint John, on the Isle of Patmos, was another man. What they saw was a doorway to heaven. There have been others throughout history that have been blessed to see beyond that open door, like John, and got to see heaven and the throne room of God.

Last Wednesday night, at the little church I attend, an interesting thing happened. The small group had been praying for about a half hour along with some worship music in the background. During the last song called Revelation, I was on my face before God. At the end of the song, the Lord showed Sheldon a vision, and then He confirmed (amen) it by having me read all of Revelation chapter 4. However, I didn't know the details of David's vision until the next day, when he shared it with me. His vision had to do with God wanting to give Sheldon greater access to heaven beyond what he had already experienced; by going through the big glass door or window he was seeing and then they were opened; end of vision. Then I began to read Revelation 4, which starts by saying, "After these things I looked, and behold a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice which I had heard, like the sound of a trumpet speaking with me, said 'Come up here, and I will show you what things must take place. At once I was in the Spirit, and there before me was a throne in heaven with someone sitting on it..."

After I read the chapter, another man shared a dream that he had the night before, of seeing heaven through a window. Then the Lord had David read this scripture to us. "These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." (Revelation 3:7-8) Sheldon David indicated that he had a vision of seeing something similar and then gave a prophecy, which basically stated that God wanted to extend the invitation to all those there, "to come" through that open door by taking a step of faith. I did and I will continue to take more steps.

I also want to extend that invitation to you, and to encourage you to do the same, even though this past season may have been a struggle or bumpy one for you, as it has been for me. Don't give up, press on. We must understand that we are in fight and a race. Satan would want nothing more than to distract or discourage in order to keep us from reaching our goal; the finish line—the threshold of a "New Age," the Kingdom of Love, and the Throne Room of heaven.

God has given us the key of David, His authority and power, to establish and overturn. But most of all, it is the key to His heart. God desires to reveal more of Himself and His future plans for each of us, as we wait in His presence. He may also want some to see the things the apostle Paul could not describe. 

God desires to bring us all back to "this land," as He did for Jacob. That land is the Promise Land, the spiritual Garden of Eden, where we walk with Him in the cool of the day 24/7, and where there is no more Tree of Knowledge of good and evil, just the Tree of Life. A lot is happening in the spirit realm now, and we need to be ready to bring it to earth.

Jesus is also the Garden, He is Heaven. He is our Mansion (dwelling place). When we really understand that this is available now, not just for us after we die. Then we can join the four living creatures by saying, "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is to come." (Revelation 4:8)

Jesus Christ is the "open door," the portal to another dimension, the Kingdom of God; where there is no more night, sea or sun, but the eternal Light of Day. Neither, will there be any more curses, death or time, only an endless wedding supper, feasting on the Tree of Life and drinking from the River of Life. No one can ever shut that door.
 
Neither can anyone come to The Father or that wedding, except by wearing His robe and His righteousness. 

"For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all thing to Himself...whether things on earth or things in heaven." (Col.1:19-20)

No matter how old we are, there is a lot that God still wants and needs to accomplish through us. Take a step and then another.