October 31, 2011

Breaking Chains

Yesterday, the Lord had me repeat the prophecy Ready to Fly? to the believers in the small church we've attended for the past few years. Shortly after I gave it, a women who helps with song worship testified that she had been suffering from a sever headache for a week and none of her pain pills were able to stop it, but now the pain was instantly gone and she was praising God. I also prayed with some others that needed to be set free. 

Later that day, when we got home, I took a nap. I was emotionally and physically tired, because of circumstances and thoughts that I have had to battled with for over a year that were hindering my sleep and my time with the Lord. I now fully realizes that the lust of the flesh is never satisfied and I couldn't deal with it anymore. Even rebuking the evil spirits that were reinforcing those thoughts only worked for a short time and then I would have to deal with them and the flesh again and again. So I sat up and I said, "I can't do this! I can't keep thinking this way." But I was unable to stop them on my own. However, as the evening went by I realized something had changed, the evil thought were gone. 

Last night, I was able to go to sleep and wake up with a clean and free mind. God knew I needed help and so He graciously broke the chains and set me free. The Lord can break any chains and cut the ropes of any mindset, circumstance or situations. He has also given us His authority to rule over evil spirits or "monsters" that would try to destroy us and our peace of mind. I'm looking foreword to helping others and seeing God set them free—so they too can fly with Him.