March 26, 2012

Romance

I love actions and adventure movies, even when they add a little romance to them. I don't mind that, in fact I love it. They remind me of Jesus and how He came to save His bride from the evil forces of this world. I also love a good romance movie too. Sometimes they make me happy and other times they can cause me to get upset or very sad, because of the pain that usually comes with loving someone. It is very hard to watch or experience the lose of someone you love, or the things people will allow to hinder their love.

I'm curious how marriages survive that don't know Jesus Christ, and why some don't who do know Him. It's strange, but marriages don't always turnout the way we would like, hope or plan. You see it in the movies or read it in romance novels all the time. Life has many twists and turns that we can never anticipate. There are no guarantees regarding love or marriages, but God's love and grace will always be there for us. He also has His reasons for why things happen.
 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)
Sometimes when I see couples together or getting married or driving around in their "Just married" cars, I often wonder how long it will last. I know that sounds rather negative or morbid, but considering over fifty present of all marriages will fail; those are not very good odds. My desire for them is that their love will grow and that they will most of all, come to know Jesus Christ. I also wonder what they will be willing to do to make their marriage last or what will cause them to eventually fail. I'm trusting God and declaring that those percentages for marriages will improve in the years ahead. 

However, not every love story or marriage has a happy ending, even those written in the Bible. There is a famous quote: "Tis better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all?" I agree with that; everyone needs to love and be loved, despite the cost. I know Jesus felt the same way too.

Note: God's love never fails, and there is one marriage that will never fail. It also has a happy ending. You can find it in the Book of Revelation, chapter 19. In fact the whole Bible is really a love story, just like the books of Ruth and Esther. And of course there is the Song of Solomon, which is a prophetic a picture of Christ's love for His bride. If you are interested in reading more about His awesome love, there is a wonderful book called The Divine Romance, by Gene Edwards.

(Next week I will share some really exciting revelations of what this relationship with Christ entails.)