June 7, 2013

Open Door



Narvido, Kengi and his girlfriend Evon, and Juanita; just part of a beautiful family.

One morning when I was out walking the streets of San Carlos, I met Rosa in her car at an intersection; another Divine appointment. She asked me if I would like to go with her to meet some friends who lived nearby, at six o’clock that Monday evening. I said I would be happy to. When I arrived she introduced me to Juanita, another best-friend of hers and a widow. Her husband die of heart problems four years ago, he was 63, and now she manages the seven apartments that he and his sons built that are connected to her house. Juanita's son wanted to learn to speak English better and that was one of the reasons for Rosa’s invitation. 

His name is Narvido, he is 24 and has a wife and has an adorable eight month old baby girl. They live in one of the apartments behind his mother’s house. Rosa also knows my love for God and my desire to reach others for Him, thus the other reason for our meeting.

Narvido’s mother had fixed a Chinese dinner that night and so Rose and I had some while we talked and learned more about each other. She also told me that Juanita was a very good, and she was right.

Narvido has twenty brothers and sisters, but not all by Juanita. Wow! He is also an electrician and a graduate from college. Then Rosa left, but we were still able to communicate well enough. After we talked for a while I was invited to come back again and continue to help him speak English better. They asked, if I could come every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at six o’clock, and I said, “Okay. I also told them that I had some good movies that could help him, and that some of them were religious faith based. They said that was fine with them even though they were not Christians. (But they will be.)

Then a couple days later I went to see Omar, a little after 10am. When I got there he had just started watching the movie Martin Luther, with some friends; so I sat down and watched it with them. They put the English subtitles on for me so I could understand what was being said. It was something to see their excited reactions to Luther passion for Christ and the Word of God, as he confronted the religious system of his day, the Roman Catholic Church. 

After the movie I got to talk to Juan. He spoke English very well and was the actual manager of the retreat and also has a very pretty young wife. I had met him briefly the last time I was here, but this time we got to talk more. He also reassured me that I was welcomed to stay. He said that there would be other Americans coming in June to help in the churches in the cities where I have been. Wow! It will be interested to see how this works out. There is diffidently a need for help and hopefully a desire to know God in ways they may have never known before in order to see the Kingdom of God established in Mexico.

Pilar left last week, she was a real blessing, now that door has closed for now, but other ones are opening. Her neighbor, Carlos, offered the use of the shower in his house, if I need too. I still get opportunities to minister to others on the beach and touch the sick and the handicap, God's special children. Last week I got to pray for a young blind teenage girl who was enjoying the ocean with her father as her mother watched from the shore. The father spoke some English and said they were Christian. I told him that God had sent me to Mexico to help the poor and to heal people, and I told him that his daughter would see and that God love them.
 
They came two days later, for her to ride a horse as part of her regular therapy.

The next Monday when I arrived at Juanita’s house I got to meet Narvido’s wife, Maribel, and his younger brother Carlos, who spoke English very well, and his cute girlfriend who was there also. We ate and talked and also used his computer to translate some. Narvido told me that he was an electrician and made 2,300 pesos a week, about $6.00 an hour. He also has a Masada sports car, and says it goes very fast. After we ate, we all enjoyed watching the movie Bella, talked some more and then looked forward to getting together again in a couple days.


I enjoy doing things like this, but most of all I enjoy my time alone with my Heavenly Father, plus reading a lot about him. There are times when we walk the shores and see the beauty of his creation on display; the dolphin arcing by or the pelican diving into the sea for their meal. The Lord often tells me that my being here is making a difference even when I don’t see it. Just love them and he will do the rest. However the Lord has been also talking to me about an “open door,” a special one, that lead to another realm. Once we go through that one everything else will change. We won’t have to hardly speak to see lives change, just because the Presence of God will be so strong. 

“I know your deeds. Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut, because you have little power, and have kept my word and have not denied my name. (Revelation 3:8)

After these thing I looked, and behold a door standing open in heaven, and the first voice…said,”Come up here…” (Revelation 4:1)