August 1, 2013

The Glory of the Lord


Moses and the Glory of the Lord
   Moses said to the Lord, “You have been telling me, ‘Lead these people,’ but you have not let me know whom you will send with me. You have said, ‘I know you by name and you have found favor with me.’ If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.”
   The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
   Then Moses said to him,“If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”
   And the Lord said to Moses, “I will do the very thing you have asked, because I am pleased with you and I know you by name.”
   Then Moses said, “Now show me your glory.”
   And the Lord said, “I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. (Exodus 33:12-19 NIV)
Moses was a man called and sent by God to set His people free. He walked on Holy ground and sat in the presence of God, and heard His voice. Yet, he still wanted more; he wanted to see the glory of the Lord. There was a hunger is his heart for more of God. Is this not the same desire that God has put in our hearts?

Today, the Lord is raising up a multi-menber man; sons and daughters with that same hunger and passion as Moses. We should all want to see the "Glory of the Lord." And God is not going to disappoint us. What we are about to see is something new, so awesome, and so powerful; the "Revelation of the Father" in all His glory and grace. Our words will often be unable to describe it, just as it was with the Apostle Paul, when he was caught up into the third heaven, and heard inexpressible words. Or the Apostle John on the island of Patmos, when he saw a vision of the Lord, and saw things he was not permitted to write.

          Then the Seraphims called out one to another and said,


"Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God of host,
The whole earth is full of His glory." (Isaiah 6:3)
 
Yes, the whole earth is filled with the "Glory of the Lord." Yet so often many fail to fully comprehend what they see or have seen. People are easily distracted by the carnal things, the cares of this world and fears to notice what God has so freely given. Our loving Heavenly Father is going to make it even more obvious with awesome miracles, signs and wonders, so much that even the blind will be able to see. He's going to throw open the doors of heaven and give humanity a better glimpse of  what is in store for them who believe and trust Him; and even to those who have doubted or rebelled. Yes heaven is real and so is hell, and God's awesome grace will be there to save whoever is willing to step into His open embrace.

God has told His prophets, even from long ago, that there was a day and time coming when things will dramatically change for all mankind. A time and season that the world has never seen before, nor will it ever be forgotten. When hearts of men will return to the Father, and millions of lives restored. For it is the Lord's plan and desire for His people and bride to see and experience the Kingdom of God here on earth, to become His Glorious Temple, made of living stones; so that He may dwell there for all eternity.

(to be continued)