September 9, 2013

Power Outage



Have faith in God…Truly I say to you… believe what you say and not doubt in your heart it will happen. “Therefore I say to you, all things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they will be granted you.” (Mark 11:22-24) Faith believes all things are possible with God. Faith agrees with God’s faith.

The night after I posted what I thought might be my last blog for the summer there was a strong thunderstorm over San Carlos. So, I wanted to share this experience to encourage you. We have had quit a few thunderstorms lately and they have helped make the vegetation greener everywhere, including a lot of healthy weeds. But they also add to the heat, humidity and sometimes even power outages.

On September 3, at about 8pm there was a loud clap of thunder and then the light flicker off and on a few times in my room. Then it stayed on. However, it was also very quite too quite, not because there wasn’t any more thunder, but because I soon realized the air conditioner was not running in the room even though the overhead light and ceiling fan were still on and working. I checked the others A/C’s throughout the house and they also had no power either. Since I don't use them it gets very hot in the rest of the house. Great, just what I needed, and Jerry the owner of the house was in Arizona. I sent off a quick email to let him know the problem and asked where all the breaker panels were so I could check them out. I had found one panel, but it was OK. Then I lost my Internet connection. OK Lord, it’s just you and me, and I need your help.

I stayed up for a couple more hours. Then decided to try and get some sleep while it was still cool in my room with just the overhead fan running, even though I had lost some cool air going in and out of my room a few times looking and checking on other things. I laughed at the circumstances and reminded myself that God was in control and that He restored my life, my body, my van and now I needed power to the A/C. There wasn’t anything more I could do, but trust Him knowing He would meet my needs again, just as He did by given me this house. I finally fell asleep about 10:30 and then I had a dream about the power outage in the house and the problem with the air conditioners. When the dream was over I woke up. It was just about 11:30pm and the A/C was running again. Wow! I have no explanation other than God did it; I was very grateful, praised Him and went back to sleep. The next time you find yourself lacking power to solve your need; put your faith in God to solve the problem. 

Jesus said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

“Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” (Heb. 11:1)

“Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.” (Heb.11:6)

“Therefore…lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus and perfecter of faith.” (Heb. 12:1)