July 8, 2014

A Change is Coming


Last week, we had our first rain and thunderstorm since October. It's been very dry and we really needed it. It lasted a couple hours. The power even went out a few short times. But, it was nice for a change and helped wash a lot of dirt and dust off things. The temperature even cooled down to 78 degrees by midnight. So I took a nice refreshing walk with the Lord. However, a few days later it was back up over a hundred and still a 100 degrees at 11pm when I took another walk, and it only dropped to 92 by 6am the next morning. On that walk I had sweat dripping off the ends of my fingers by the time I got back to the house. But that's what summer is like here in San Carlos. Thank God for A/C in my bedroom.

However, the best thing so far has been the relationship I have been developing with my Heavenly Father. I have learned many things, most of it is very personal and even if I could share it, most people would not even believe me. A lot of what we talk about is centered around His grace and freedom, and what it means to be one with Him. However, for each individual it can mean something entirely different. We all have a different personality, nature and calling that He will use in His time and way. The best we can do is to be willing to allow changes and be available as we learn to walk in His presence. The change will come along with more of His wisdom, knowledge, power and authority to see that we fulfill our destiny and that defining moment He intends for all of us for the Kingdom of God. To Him be the Glory forever and ever. As we share in the wonder of His Love and Grace.

My Bride, My name will be yours

And I will whisper it in your ears

Then you too will speak with the sound of My Spirit

Then we shall agree—

Yes, even our oneness will be greatness and power

Because I will make My ring include you

And is that covenant loyalty

My friends will be your friends

True alliance will be won at the gate

All because of love.”--Sheldon David