December 29, 2012

The Last Straw



Ever have one of those days when some little thing happen or was said and you lost control of your emotions? I’m sure you have and maybe more than once in your life. Well, I had one of those days a couple weeks ago and I lost it or should I say I thought I did, my wallet and my temper. However, that’s not a little thing when you’re in another country by yourself and don’t speak the language. But my emotions this time were not director at a person, but God, my Heavenly Father.

These kind of events or blow up usually happen when things get kept inside far too long. As you know, I have lived under unusual circumstance and situations for a number of months now, and yes I made that choice to do so. But saying “yes” and actually doing and living it, is another thing. Living in a van is not the must ideal situation, especially if your over six feet tall. Getting dressed is just one of the challenges, However, sometimes I have to change several time a day, because of the temperature changes and often things fall out of my pocket during the process which includes my wallet. But I usually find it quickly. This time I didn’t and I thought I must have lost it some other way or place.

Not being able to speak much Spanish has been frustrating to say the least, and seeing the way people help or treat the poor Mexicans was another and then I lost Rota’s phone number and left my Bible at church, which I thought was lost too, until the next Sunday, and most of all the disappointment from certain expectations. But loosing your wallet, which contained all the money I had left, a debit card, tourist permit and my driver license was no small thing. But it was the last straw on my back, which had also been hurting from a pounding boat ride with Juan one day. I tried to stay calm and pray; seeking God’s peace and wisdom, but it didn’t work this time. Finally after going though the van several times, I broke-down and let it all out.

I told God I was tired of waiting and I was ready to quit, but now I couldn’t leave even if I wanted to. I knew this would all somehow all, but I didn’t even want to deal with trying to replace what was in my wallet. I also said a lot of other things too that morning that I won’t repeat. This went on for quit a while. But, when all the emotional words and the anger were gone I told God I still loved Him even though I didn’t understand from my broken heart and aching body. And even if I did found my wallet it still didn’t change what I said or the way I felt. I was numb and speechless; I didn’t want to eat, see Juan or do anything.

Finally I when to Juan’s house and told him I lost my wallet. We even drove around looking, then I started to search through the van again and the he said, “Did you check on other side of bed?” as he pointed with his hand. I said, “ Yes, I even took the blanket off and looked.” But for some reason I laid across the bed and looked again, and there it was, right under my nose. I was silent. Juan asked again if it was there. I replied, “Yes” and held it up so he could see it. Relief swept over me as tears filled my eyes. I want to do so much for the people here; I just have to be more patient.

Then later that day I took a walk on the beach and talk with God. I told Him, that it didn’t change anything that I said earlier. Then He told me, I understand your anger, frustrations, disappointments and expectations. I feel that way at times too. But we have to wait just a little longer for just the right time.” I told him, I still loved Him. He said, “I know that, you always have. You left everything and you’ve given everything you have and that‘s still not enough. The only thing that will satisfy you—is Me. And that’s why you please Me.”

God told me, that He wants me to be free to talk to Him and say whatever is on my heart or mind, even if it came out in frustration or sometimes anger. Someday people will understand that the most important thing in life is not the physical or spiritual things that they strive for, but a relationship with Him. (Sure we have these panic attacks from time to time. Jesus even had one in the Garden of Gethsemane, but after three hours He had the peace and strength to get-up off the ground and continue doing His Father’s will and the journey to the cross.)

The next day I didn’t see Juan’s family at all, they had to town and where gone the whole day, so it was a quite day; just my Father and I alone in La Manga. But is my spirit I sensed something had happen and things were going to change rapidly. Then the following morning I met Evan as I was walking on the beach.
Evan

Evan was 41 years old and he had never been married, he lived in Denver, Colorado for 25 years, but was born and raised in the country of Chili. He was a construction engineer and had taken a couple months off to get away from the hectic city-life and camp on the beaches of Mexico. I told him, ”You found just the right place and more.” All he had with him were two black carry bags, which held a tent, air mat, sleeping bag and his clothes. A taxi cab had dropped him off there in La Manga. Over the next four days we had many opportunities to talk and he also help me to communicate with Juan’s family and others. I also told him that God brought him there for a reason. I shared many things including my calling as a prophet, and planted seeds for the Holy Spirit to water in God’s timing. Before I dropped him off to catch a bus I told him, “His life would change someday, because of our divine appointment.”

The night after I met Evan’s I had a dream, and in the dream God should me how to set the poor free. The Lord also said, “I don’t care how they got poor, whether it was because of drinking, gambling, or giving all their money to a fast tongue talking preacher, I want my people free of poverty.” Then that morning, I took another walk on a different beach and met three young people camping they’re first day in La Manga, one of them lived in Denver, but he was born in Chili. Hum-m, I wonder if God is trying to show me something, only time will tell as He continues to direct my life.

A few days later, I was becoming discouraged again, and so I decided to put on some worship music. However, as I went looking through my selection of CD’s I saw one that said Israel on it, dated 8/27. So I listen to it. It turn out to be a prophecy from God, telling David and I that night, not to think like American thinks, they always expect something in return for their efforts, but for us to be content with a audience of One. And, don’t worry about what others think, plus a lot more that encouraged me. After I heard it again the next night, it lifted my spirit so much that I got out of my van and prophesied from the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean. I spoke the Heart of God regarding the people in Mexico and setting the poor free, it also set me free. 

Note: Feeling a need to give Juan’s family and myself a break, I will be going back to the United State for about a week to do and get some things I need and for extending my time in Mexico or any other country God sends me. I am looking forward to going back that you will read it in my next article. Have a happy new year, as you seek to know Him more and His awesome love and plans for your life.

P. S. Things are changing rapidly, but not the way I expected. Three days ago my van wouldn’t start. Aaron did the best he could, he fix Juan’s truck and he put new plug and points new rotor cap, but it still would not start. So we towed it to a Chevy dealer. They are working on it and this may take all the money a I have, but God is in control and I have his peace and trust Him. No melt-down this time. They have to check the timing, which requires taking everything off the front end of the motor. So my plans to go to the U.S. have been put on hold. Sorry not more pictures. Low battery power.