February 9, 2013

The Wedding




Last week I went to Luis Angel’s and Nallely’s wedding. They are a beautiful couple and it was a simple wedding, but special. It was an honor for me to be invited and I was glad to go. And it was an opportunity to touch more lives for the Kingdom of God. But even a simple weddings can have its problems. In this particular one Nallely is the only one in her family that is a Christian the rest are Catholic, so most of her family didn’t come. 

However, her father and a sister came, he was able to walk with her and gave her away in the ceremony, as the sister sat with her father.

It was a disappointment about the mother, but I told Ana Gabriela that the mother and family would change in time as God worked on their hearts.

Luis and Ana Gabriela


After the wedding there was a reception at another location and more people came, but there was still another problem. The building for the reception as in a neighborhood and so all the parking was on the street and as more cars and guest came so did so uninvited guest—the police. It seem to be an bad practise of the police wanting or extorting money for themselves at events by making it an embarrassing situation for others. But Gaberilo stood his ground as more police came with flashing light, and I prayed that the Higher Authority would prevail. Finally after an hour they left, but no money was given.


The Reception Room
Father dances with the bride
The celebration with music and dancing

It seems every wedding and marriage has its problems, even in the Kingdom of God. Some guest don’t come when they are invited and other don’t come wearing the proper attire or garment. Some don’t even have enough oil for their lamps to stay lit and most fall asleep while waiting, not realizing they can be in the wedding now and enjoy the marriage feast and the celebration by faith.

As the Bride of Christ and sons of God, we are One in Him and the Heavenly Father. And everything He has is already given us now to receive by faith. Most of these truths are lost due to lies and deceptions from an uninvited guest, satan and his demons. They even tell people they’re not “good enough.” There are also other reasons for this, such as bad teaching and religious leaders who set bad examples, and extort money from them and tell people they have to die before they can receive the “Good Life” and their mansion. As a result many people still live in bondage and in fear unnecessarily.

However, as His Bride I am free and I’m feasting with Jesus. I eat and drink Him and with Him, even if it’s just a can of Campbell’s soup, and so can ever son and daughter of God. I’m sitting at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and my Husband who sits at the head of the table. I have already received my robe, my shoes and a beautiful ring and a sword from Him. I also have a crown, which I have laid at His nail scared feet. 

My Husband has restored my soul and filled my life with many wonderful things and promises. And I walk with Him in the cool of the day and we share the same authority, house, faith, hope and vision forever.

Regardless of how anyone’s earthly marriage goes or ends, our marriage to Christ is full of Love, Peace, and Joy that will last for Eternity.