February 23, 2013

Touching More Lives


Another beautiful sunset from my camp sight


Three weeks ago I left La Manga. It did not end the way I had hoped, but it was time for me move on. However, I still believe that some day I will return with something to say and demonstrate more power of God’s love. However, before I left I was able to makes some more new friends by eating at a small restaurant a couple hundred feet from Juan’s house. I had fish tacos there two days in a row, and they were really good, but no one spoke any English there. I learned that they didn’t even know my name. This surprised me since I have been there four months and walked by their place nearly everyday and even said, hi or good morning, when I saw them.

While at the restaurant, I saw a beautiful women sitting in a wheel chair doing work at a sowing machine, in the kitchen, where my meal was being prepared. She was the sister of the cook and their mother owned the restaurant. I had seen her before around town and even at the little church a couple times. I got some information from an American friend, at the restaurant, who spoke Spanish. He told me that she was crippled in a bad car wreck, and her two-year old daughter was also with her. The daughter's name is Linda, and she is nineteen now and very pretty too. However, she showed no signs of the accident, but the American, said that she had a metal plate in her head and sometimes she acted a little different.

Anyway I had a couple of thing that needed to be sown, and so I asked the cripple lady if she would be willing to do them and she said yes. So I got the two items, one a coat with a seam coming apart and the other was a nice shirt with a button missing. I told her there was no hurry and I would come by the next day. However, a little later a young girl contacted me to come back. The lady had finished the work and said it was quick and easy. So I thank her and asked how much. She said, “nothing.” That was sweet of her, but I wanted to give her something even though I was very low on cash. So I pulled out some change and gave her five pesos. (Yes, I know. What was I thinking.)? But she thanked me anyway. After a while I felt awful, that was like a slap in the face, it would have been better to give her nothing than that. So I went back and gave her 10 more pesos and said, “five pesos es muy muy poco” (very very little). She laughed and thanked me again. However, that night I was still bothered by what I had given. I was leaving La Manga the next day and the last thing I wanted was someone thinking I was cheap. Which another person had already accused me of the week before, yet I knew that wasn’t true. So the next morning, I went back to the nice lady in the wheelchair. I had only two one hundred pesos bills left in my wallet. When she arrived, I placed one hundred pesos in the palm of her hand. I said, “15 pesos was still very small,” and then they all laughed. She gasped with surprise, and thanked me very much.  Then I told them through the American, that I was a prophet sent by God to Mexico. But that I was leaving La Manga for now, and that I would miss them very much. They were sad to hear that I was leaving, but I told them I loved them and so did Jesus Christ, and I hope to be back again to see miracles. Then I knelt down and placed both of my hands, one on each of her legs, and said, “miracles.” You see her face light up with hope and joy, as she repeated the word “miracle,” and placed her hands on mine. I said good-bye to them and placed my hand on her daughter arm that was standing next to her and she smile at me. You’ll never know how much that meant to me.

Then I went and said good-bye to others in La Manga, including Juan and Manuela. They where all surprised to hear I was leaving and I wouldn’t be back for a while. I made a lot of friends there and helped many others. I just didn’t have what I had hoped for, and so it was time to move on. However, I felt much better this time knowing that God is in control of their lives, and He is guiding me as well, wherever I go.
The nicest fine art gallery in San Carlos


For the past two weeks I have gotten to take a real hot shower. This blessing comes from and unexpected source. One day on my way to La Manga, I stopped in by a fine art gallery, where the own came out to greet me. She saw I had some painting sitting in my van passenger seat where I usually keep them in a box with some other items. I was not going there to show or sell them, but she wanted to see them anyway. She was very impressed.

After looking around Pilar's art gallery, we sat down and talked. I told her a little about my life and why I was in Mexico, and she told me about hers. She speaks English very well and so does her two lady helpers.
Martha, Pilar and Rosea all very nice ladies
Pilar and her much older husband, owned the gallery, he is an American and is living in a house they also own in San Diego, California along with their seventeen-year old daughter. She has worked hard from the age of ten until now, and they have done every thing with cash, but he no longer able to work and she is very tired of working. She prays for strength each day, she is also a Mormon, but her helpers are Catholics, and they have been friends for many years.

Even though Pilar hardly knew me she wanted me to feel welcomed and to use her bathroom to take showers, in their apartment above the gallery, while she worked down stairs. Then we could visit after she closes if we want to. I show her faith-based movies, and she has a dessert or some homemade soup waiting, and we enjoy just relaxing, conversation and seeing a really good movie. Tonight we will see State of Grace, a great Mormon movie that all Christian should see. I have also offered her money, but she refuses to take it. It’s nice to have a special friend like Pilar, and I thank God for her hospitality, and have asked Him to bless her and her helpers.

Last week Martha husband came in while we were all talking. I learned he had a bad knee, so I went over to where he just sat rubbing it. I placed my hand on his sore knee and prayed for it, and declared it restored.

The week before, an American friend of Pilar’s came to the gallery also that she had not seen for a while. It turns out that she was severely burn from her legs down to her toes when she when to light their gas oven and there was a explosion that threw her across the room. She wasn’t able to walk the whole month of December, because of the burns. Both of her legs where still sore and they looked like deep red leather. I went over and placed my hands on them and prayed for complete restoration.

I have not told them I was a prophet, but they know I’m a man of God and He answers my prayers. They also know I care about people and their needs and God loves them, and wants them to be set free and completely restored.

  
(to be continued)