March 16, 2013

Special Occasions



An Art Show
Pilar and Rosia
One day, Pilar invited me to come to her annual Art Show, and told me there would be lots of food and wine too. I told her I would be glad to come. It would be another opportunity to meet people and to have some good food also. The art show started at 4pm. However She said I could come early and get my weekly shower if I wanted. So after I had my shower, I went down stairs and met several-featured artist who had come early and a guest musician, who played the electric piano, guitar and sang. He was diffidently a lady’s man and he also spoke English. I talked with him for a bit and learned that he had been in Washington. Then I check with Pilar to see if the was anything I could do. But everything was done except they need help with bringing in all the food that had just arrived.

I could not believe all the food that had been prepared. There was a verity of fruit, ordure’s, stuffed olives, half hardboiled eggs, crackers and cheese balls, chips, dips, pizza, wines, soft drinks and a lot more.

A lot of people showed up. However, most of them were American, and it seemed they came mostly for the food, wine, and music and to visit. But some art was selling too, which I was glad to see. I had to force myself to make contact, because no Americans were greeting me. There were only a few Spanish families and they came later. Which gave me the opportunity to present Christ and made the whole evening really worthwhile.
Guest at the art show
There was this one young Spanish girl that caught my eye for some reason, besides being very pretty. After a while we met and she spoke English. She learned to speak English from watching American movies and other American friends.  So we talked for a bit. Then a little later, she came back and introduced me to the boyfriend, who also spoke English. He was my height, which is very rare, and she was also tall. They made a great looking couple. He told me that they had been going together for over four years, and she was now 22 years old and he was 25, and he worked as and engineer. I shared with them why I was in Mexico, but did not mention that I was a prophet. (However, the week before I pulled up Sheldon’s site on Pilar’s laptop at the gallery to let her read the article that I wrote about her. So now she knows, but has made no comment on it, which is fine by me.) 
Ana de la Torre and her boyfriend Alejandro Andrade
Anyway, I shared Christ for over half an hour, with this young couple, and touched briefly on a number of topics such as worship, prayer, ministry and marriage. I also told they that someday God would use them to heal other people and help turn the heart of Mexico. I gave them one of Sheldon’s cards, and also encouraged her to order the book, Jesus Calling. I asked her if she would also order five for me—two in English and three in Spanish. They agreed to do that for me and I would pay them for the ones I ordered. Then she introduced me to her lovely mother, who was now standing next’s to us, but she didn’t speak any English. Then the daughter told me that her father had disappeared over three years ago with out a trace. I was heart broken, for both of them, so I took the mother and daughter outside. Then I laid hands on the mother and prayed for her, that God would heal her broken soul and that Jesus Christ would become the loving and gentle husband she needed to know. And to restore the love, peace and joy she so disparately needed. The mother was very moved and brought to tears as the daughter interpreted what I prayed. I also asked if they would like to meet again and they said, yes. After they left, I help Pilar with some things and got to talk to one of the other artist a little longer.

After reading something that she written about her work I knew she was a “New Age” thinker, such as the DNA of humanity helping one another. She was born in England, raised in South Africa and now lives in Arizona and San Carlos. I told her I knew where she was coming from in her beliefs. However, I said, that God sent me to Mexico to present another “New Age,” one of God’s Grace and the visitation of the Heavenly Father. Plus the DNA that would flow through the veins of Mexican people would be that Jesus Christ. Surprisingly, she said she didn’t have a problem with that and I also said that we would see many miracles very soon.
The artist from England
When I had mentioned about miracles coming to Pilar’s staff before the show, the other women artist, who was listening in, responded with a Hallelujah. It turn out the name of her gallery in Idaho, is called The Trinity Gallery. So even when I’m in Mexico I’m still touching lives in the USA.


The Drive—Something about Maria

Two weeks ago I took Maria home, she had just come from a health clinic with one of her daughters. I believed she was worried, because she had no money to pay for the prescription that she showed me. I told her God would take care of her daughter. When we got to her house this time I asked if it was okay for me to go through it. While she sat on the front porch, I went in. Inside, I saw no place to prepare food, table or chairs, stove or refrigerator or cabinets or a bathroom. However, there were beds in each room and some clothes hanging. I went back outside and sat down beside her, put my arm around her. I told her that everything would me okay, because God was watching out for her. But she was still worried about many things, neither could she understand what I just told her. But she sensed my compassion and was happy for that. I don’t know what she thinks or how she feel, but I know God does and He loves her and her family. That’s why He brought us together.

I don’t know how she feed and clothes the children and I don’t think she has any kind of job that I could tell, nor has she ever propositioned me. I was low on money that day, but I still gave her some. I told her, I was sorry it was so little, but she thanked me anyway.

When I had more money I decided to do something different. I went to the grocery store and bought a bunch of food, fresh fruit and vegetables and took them to her house on a Saturday morning. But when I got to their house there were only three of her children. So I gave each of them a hug and asked if they were hungry. They nodded, yes. So I opened the door of the van and got out the bags of groceries, and left three very happy children.

Four days later, I woke-up when someone was tapping on my window again. However, this time it was Marias’s son. I was very surprised; He was with two of his sisters and his mother who stood a little further from the van waiting. I told them to give me a moment to get dressed and then I greeted each one of them with a hug. She indicated she needs a ride to someplace, which I didn’t understand. So we all got in, it was now 7:15am and we were on our way for whatever God had planned. In about three miles, I came to the spot where I usually drop her off, but she indicated it was further, but I didn’t know how far. I told God I believed he brought them to me for some special reason that morning, so I trusting Him. She seemed happy, bu some how she knew I would take them, yet a little concerned as to how far I would really drive them. I jokingly questioned, Mazatlan, or Acapulco and she would say, no, but I kept wondering just how much further.

As I drove, the three kids sat in back on my bed watching everything go by. Then they asked if they could have a bag of chips that was open, and I said yes. Fifty miles later, and past several little towns, we finally arrived at the spot where she wanted to get out. I was still on the main highway heading south. Yet there was a spot that she pointed to, where I could turn around and go back. After I let them out, she called someone on her cell phone to come and get them. While she did that, her son indicated he wanted a coke. So I gave them each a hug and told them I love them in Spanish. Then gave Maria money to buy them all something to drink after the kids ate two-thirds of a bag of Jalapeno Chips.

As I drove back—alone, the enemy, satan, tried to frustrate me. I just went threw over two hundred pesos in gas, plus food and money and gave them my love. And what did I have to show for it—nothing. Nothing, but some happy smiling faces, however, one of them was my Heavenly Father’s. What can I say, it was a good thing He had me put some gas in the evening before, just for this little adventure. It also gave me a preview what I would see when I leave here. Until then I will keep touching people’s lives, like these and the young mongoloid girl I saw getting into a car, when I stop to get another bag of chips.

A Baseball Game

One night I was wondering what to eat, usually it was just a can of soup, but that night God suggested a real hamburger. He reminded me of some meat I saw the day before at the store across the street. So I when over and got some, and fried it up on my camp stove and add a thick slice of tomatoes along with multi-grain bread—it was great. I also had some chips and then a can of lintel soup. Now, I was full, however, it was still early, but dark. Then I notice two different groups of stadium light on in the distance near the school where I had prayed and prophesied. So I thought we would check them out. One area of lights was for public baseball and the other was for school activities—seven soccer fields, one football, and four courts for basketball. However, I decided to go back to where we saw men warming up to play baseball. It was a Tuesday night and not many people were sitting in the metal bleacher that would hold about a hundred and fifty people. So God and I sat in the middle on the top row, five rows up. It was great, as my Heavenly Father and I sat and watched the game. I didn’t get to many opportunities do that with my natural father, when I was a kid growing up.

The players were all very good. There were young men and a few old ones. Each player also had a uniform, but none of them matched, yet it had their name on it and the style of their uniform was that of some professional leagues. I thought that might be confusing as to whom to throw the ball to when everyone is running around. It seemed to be the problem one time, but it didn’t really matter. They all seem to know each other and they were there just having fun. Just like in the movie, Field of Dreams, and that night my Father and I were doing the same thing—having fun. As we walked back to the van after the game, I thanked my Father for a wonderful night of great food and watching a ballgame together. Wow!  I think we will do this more often, plus it’s a great way to meet other people and tell them God loves them.

As I watched the ballgame, I realized how much it was like the Kingdom of Heaven. Each player was different looking, and they wore different uniform, yet they were a team. Each one had a different position to play on the field, and some saw more action than others. Yet each one was important in order to play the game right. Each one got a chance at bat, to see how effectively they could hit the ball. Sometimes they didn’t get a hit or score, but they did there best and that was what really mattered.  Some had played in the game much longer and others had more skill or gifted that other. Yet they were there to help each other, and they where a team. Just like we are in Christ. 

In the end it didn’t really matter who wins, because there is no competition in Christ—we're living the abundant life in the Presence of the Father, and all a part of one happy family, the Family of God.