December 9, 2013

Working with God


A painting I brought to the Children Mission for "show and tell" from Pilar's art gallery..

This last past month has been very busy. I went to the children’s mission a couple more times, before they started some remodeling and construction work for a couple weeks in December. One time there were about fifty children, but there was no teacher for the younger one so I got to speak to all of them. I talked about David and Goliath, and I had brought the sword that I gave to Ricardo. The children really liked that, especially when I pretended to cut off the head of the giant. I also mentioned other giants such as sickness, disease, poverty, and addiction that God is cutting off their heads too. Then I placed the sword in Maria’s hands as symbolic of transferring the “Sword of the Lord” authority and prayed for her. She was very moved by the word’s I spoke. Then another time, I brought this beautiful painting of dolphins and other sea creatures. I talked about God creating the heavens and earth, and all the lived on it. After I spoke the children all clapped their hands, in appreciation for me, and then I sat down. But then again Maria surprised me by having all the children face me and reach-out their hands to me as she prayed for me. I am always amazed by her love and the children’s that God has brought into my life. After she finished praying, I thanked them for their love in Spanish.
 
A lot of good finger food and I made the flower arrangement from the flowers at my house.
Then this past week, Palir had another art show at her gallery and I got to touch more lives and eat some great food. The next day I when with a family to meet a couple who had been in a motorcycle accident, when a car hit them and this past month. Neither party in the accident had insurance. So to pay the medical bills the injured couple, confined to wheelchairs with broken right legs, had to sell everything they owned and they are still unable to work for a few months in order to buy food or pay rent on their small house. Their teenage daughter was able to help them with the cooking and doing other things. But they need help with food and I also gave them money for rent, but more important, I was invited to pray for them and so I did; believing God has restored them, and will meet all their needs as their provider and the Great Physician. 

After we left there, we went to another friend’s house and had lunch. While I was there, I also got to meet their youngest daughter, who was only fourteen years old, very pretty and very pregnant. Then I met the young handsome father too. I prayed and bless both of them and their unborn baby. God loves us even when we make mistakes and this young couple needed His love rather than our criticism. God’s love covers a multitude of sin, amen? It was an awesome day and I love doing thing likes this. 

Last week, I got to spend a couple days with my landlord, and share some things before he went back to the States. He is a very nice man and God is working in his life and marriage. I am still communicating with other young people, mostly Christians, viva the computer translator, some have confided in me and wanted advice and prayer. I am honored by this. However, it is going to take more than just words, but the power and presence of the Holy Spirit to open the hearts and minds of lives in Mexico and around the world. Many Christians, young and old, still don’t realize the true cost behind the walk they confess to believe, but I’m declaring that will change too.