May 27, 2014

A Thief in the Night

One night after watching a movie on my laptop I took a walk, the Lord started talking to me. He told me He was “coming like a thief in the night. Just as the scripture says, however it will even be a surprise to those who are expecting Me. I’m taking back what belonged to Me and setting My people free. Just as Jesus told His disciples to wait in Jerusalem for the coming promise of the Holy Spirit. They were all waiting and expecting, but when the Holy Spirit came it was still a surprise to them. Most Christians today don’t know the kind of freedom I intend for them to have, because their minds are still too limited and bound by many lies and false beliefs. But, I intends to expose the lies and break those chains.”

As I continued to walk I thought more about this Thief, and what He said. I know in my own life at times there are still some doubts and fears that the enemy tries to use to try and get me off track or question what am I doing here, or where are all of God’s promises. Sometimes I hesitate to do certain things, other times it may be about some sin, or living up to other's expections and spiritual levels, maybe even my own unworthiness. I don’t like having to waste time dealing with those kinds of thoughts. I am what I am by the grace of God, and I am still learning. However, the only thing the Father has asked of me, is to abide with Him and He will get me where I need to be.
 
The visitation of the Thief in the Night will be a bonus for everyone,  but not for the enemy. It will be like nothing we have ever known or seen before; God's love and power displayed all over the earth. All God's children will eventually know a freedom and restorations they have never experienced before. Freedom, maybe like what Adam had before the fall in the Garden; where we can walk in and between the natural and the spiritual realms. That's where I'm heading.

Anyway, a little later that same night, I met a young American man next to a hot dog stand. He stopped me to ask where he could get something to eat, besides a hot dog. It was after 10pm and all the other restaurants and food stands were closed. So I said this looks like your only choice. We talked for awhile and I learned he was from Montana. I told him where I was from and that my family was still there, and he knew that area of Washington. I mentioned how long I had been in Mexico and what I was doing. So he asked if I was a Christian, and I said, “Yes, and that is why God sent me here.” Then he asked, “Do you believe, that if I don’t believe in Jesus that I’m going to hell?” I paused and then answered, “We all have a choice.” Then he replied, “So you believe that all the Muslims, Hindus’ and Buddhist are also going to hell? Again I said, “They all have a choice, and God still loved them. But, even if you or they may don't believe in Jesus now, that can change.” Then I reached out and put my hand on his shoulder. He jerked like I had just shocked him or placed a curse on him, but it was just the opposite. It was probably a reacting to God's presence, because I just marked him for God. I did not believe our meeting was an accident, so before I left I bless him and walked away. I looked back and saw him ordered a hot dog that he didn’t want to have before. Just goes to show people can change their minds, even God, just as simple as that.
 
As I walked away, I asked God to reveal Himself to that young man and set him free. I also declared again that God is coming to set all His children free, including those bound by false religious beliefs. Before I got to my house I saw another man sitting at a bus stop. He was Spanish, and could speak English quite well, but he also had the smell of alcohol on his breath. I sat and we talked for a bit, but the enemy was busy trying to plant fears in my mind again, but I chose to ignored them and gave the man God's love and blessing, plus a piece of candy. Then continued home, thanking God for that night and being His messenger of love and grace. I know this all sound too simple to some people, but I believe God can do a better job of changing hearts than I can. I also realized how badly we all need freedom; true Freedom that only the Thief in the Night can give.