December 16, 2014

For Such a Time as This


At the appointed time Jesus Christ was sent to earth. We are all familiar with the Bible account of Jesus' birth. But did you know you too were also also sent to earth, for such a time as this. It wasn't not an accident nor the plan of your parents, it was designed by God.

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become the children of God, even to those who believe in His name, who where born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.” (John 1:12-13)

Our spirit were in Him from the beginning, and just like Adam we walked and talked in the cool of the day with Him. Now it is our turn to live out Christ's nature on earth, just as Jesus did 2000 years ago. Our purpose is similar even though we didn't have a virgin birth. God has a divine plan for each and everyone of His sons and daughters to fulfill, even a “defining moment” as God calls it; where history is enhanced or even altered. Whether our mission is big or small or some where in between, our lives are important to God, and a joy to our Heavenly Father. So maybe it a time for a reality check, and ask yourself and then God, Why am I here? And see if you both have the same answer.

We still must be willing to denying our selves, take up our cross and follow His Spirit to the death of our self-life and even to our natural life, just as Jesus did in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross at Calvary. Then we too will walk as Jesus walked and talk as He did with resurrection power and life flowing through us, allowing us to rule and reign with Christ Jesus, now and for all eternity.

In the book of Esther we see how she, the bride, was prepared to meet the king and become his wife, so we too are being prepared “for such a time as this.” Once we have accepted the edict of Yahweh's love we have been commissioned to fulfill a role in the Kingdom of God, where one or maybe thousands, even millions of lives are effected; that will bring salvation and restoration to them and for many generations to come. When we realize and understand that we have been birth just as Jesus was, and given His authority, it certainly put things into a whole different perspective on things. Also, a better understanding of what true Sonship is all about.

”O God, may You be exalted over my possessions. Nothing of earth's treasures shall seem dear to me if You are glorified in my life. Be exalted over all my friendships, for I am determined that You shall be above all, though I must stand deserted and alone in the midst of the earth. Be exalted above my comforts. Though it means the loss of bodily comforts and the carrying of heavy crosses...Be exalted over my reputation...above my ambitions, above my likes and dislikes, above my family, my health and even my life itself. Amen” --A.W Tozer

A change is coming and as we step forward into a year by faith. The Heavenly Father is and will be exalted. We will see many signs, wonders and miracles we never expected. Plus, I'm going back to Washington to restore my marriage and family with God's help, after being gone for two and a half years. My desire is to see God's love work through me, even to those I left back home. I believe, my work in Mexico is almost done and it is time to leave. It has been a wonderful experience I will never forget or regret. Making many new friends, including some that I could hardly talk to, and still seeing God's love, grace and faithfulness work through it all. I will miss them dearly and hopefully see many of them in heaven, if not sooner. Next year will be even a greater adventure as we anticipate the “Visitation of the Father.”