August 22, 2009

Humble In Spirit


This past month the Lord has been dealing with me about my attitudes, and my need to be humble and poor in spirit. Along these same thoughts I would like to share a quote from Brennan Manning, an author I highly recommend. It would do all of us well to remember his advice.
"The majority of hurts in our lives, the endless massaging of the latest bruise to our wounded ego, feelings of anger, grudges, resentment, and bitterness comes from our refusal to embrace our abject poverty, our obsession with our rights, our need for esteem in the eyes of others. If I followed the counsel of Jesus and take the last place, I won't be shocked when others put me there too."


"For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."
Mt. 23:12

Prayer - Father, forgive me for my pride and forgive me of my offenses as I forgive others. Help me to follow the example of your Son, Jesus Christ, and my Master. Amen