August 28, 2012

A Day At The Beach With God

Welcome to the shores of Florence, Oregon

I love the ocean, it has always captured my emotions. I spent many days playing and body surfing in it when I lived in southern California as a teenager. When we moved to Washington State I would traveled to the ocean in my car and take many photographs of the crashing waves, beautiful sunsets and awesome rocky coastlines of the Northwest.

Then I started to paint ocean scenes, some as I saw it and others as I imagined. In a matter of twenty plus years, I painted close to a thousand paintings of the ocean, hundreds of landscapes and other subjects with the talent God gave me. I even made a living doing it, but it never satisfied the longing of my soul. I spent hundreds of hours studying and taking pictures of this fascinating aspect of God's creation, but never knew Him as I do today.


The coastline of Florence, Oregon

The ocean is so vast and beautiful. It's simply mesmerizing, powerful and yet at times can be very soothing to the soul. It reminds me of God. Now I don't have any more brushes or canvas to exploit what He so freely gave to mankind. I even gave up the talent as well, just so I could enjoy this day with Him. However, this morning I took an unexpected walk on the beach, and as I was walking I was preparing my heart and asking God, why am I here? Then I felt lead to speak over the ocean.

So I faced the ocean, stretched out my arms and prayed, not caring who was there watching. I prayed out loud regarding the coastline of United States, and reminding God of His promised bloodline He placed around America. That He would protect America from foreign, terrorist attacks and I also added the protection from all the junk and debris coming from the earthquake and tsunami that occurred in Japan almost two years ago. I also prayed for the Gulf Coast regarding hurricane Isaac, just hours away from shore. I don't believe that name was an accident, and in the long run this hurricane, named Isaac, would not be as powerful as predicted, but feared just the same bringing water to a dry and thirsty land just like the son of Abraham did for his people.

I also declared the blessing on America, that God promised would be the Bread Basket to the world not only in providing food, but sending forth sons of God to bring the Bread of Life to other counties and set people free. There other things I also spoke from the heart of God and it was amazing. Then I realized why I was there, it was to establish His Kingdom. Our prayers are meant to be big and according to His will; that's what God expects from His sons and daughters. It was a beautiful day for a walk on the beach with my heavenly Father, and I hope there will be many more.