August 23, 2012

My New Home



I thought you might just like to know and see my new home. It's a standard size 2003 Chevy Astro van. It has a little over 131,000 miles on it, of which I've only put on about 25.000 miles after we purchased it back in 2005. However, I will be putting on a lot more miles from now on. Inside, I made a raised bed, with slide out storage bins underneath. There's a clothes rack across the back of the van to hang my shirts, flannel's and two coats. I've got some pants, shoes, underclothes and socks, a port-a-potty and an ice chest. I also have an extra battery inside the van with a solar charger and a 12 volt converter for charging my lap top computer, camera, electric shaver and a cell phone. My bedding consist of a foam pad and a 3" thick folding mat that's 32" wide and 72" long, plus a sleeping bag, two sheets, a blanket and a quilt for whatever temperatures I may face.

I've got an old Coleman two burner gas camping stove, a 5 gallon fresh water container and a few kitchen utensils and bathroom stuff. I also have my Bible, some books, about sixty Cd's in a zip-up case, a dozen DVDs, and a few tools and other miscellaneous things I might need. The tires are good for another 60,000 miles, and just had the oil changed, and some other minor things repaired. And of course there's still some food, drinks and snacks. So as you can see, I have all that I really need and more.

I'm also taking some small framed paintings to sell, trade or give away on the way to Mexico, and my two-hand sword. I'm not sure what God wants me do with it yet. It's going to be a little cramped at first until I dispose of some things along the way and learn what I really need and don't. But the most important thing I have with me is Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit guiding me and angelic forces helping to fulfill this awesome vision and adventure.

My wardrobe and a few other things