October 20, 2012

Living by Faith


A Father's vision
One morning I was playing with three young boys, because they don’t want to go to school. Since they don’t go, they often help the men with fishing and cleaning them to earn money so they can buy snacks at the little store. After a while one of the boy asked me if I would like some water and I said, sure. However, as I followed him, he led me to the community water tank which wholes about 10 gallons of water. It sits on a counter behind the store where the people often gather to watch TV. I had seen it there before, but had never drunk water from it. It has a single cup tied to a string and is fastened to the lid of the container. I didn’t hesitate and drank from the same cup that everyone else did.

The men and the children often share their snacks and/or drinks from the same bottle with each other, including with me. I am their friend and I also share my food and snacks with them. However, watching them cleaning the fish with bare hands and flies all around, takes my faith to another level. Yet this is just all a part of life to them. I wonder whose really living by more faith.

Today it was mostly cloudy, which was nice for a change from the hot days we have been having and we even got a few sprinkles of rain. There was also a beautiful sunrise that I showed in my last article along with the unique cloud over the town (the photograph doesn’t show all that I saw). However, I believe it was a sign from God. I felt He wanted me to see this while I was in the ocean talking with Him, that things were changing in the spiritual realm regarding La Manga and this kingdom of Mexico.

I don’t usually eat breakfast with Juan and Manuela, however, this morning she had prepared a “ham” burger from the sliced ham I gave them. It seems that God has multiplied it as often as we have enjoyed it. Anyway, along with the sliced cooked ham there was fresh lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and some slice jalapeño flavored American cheese I gave them, all on a large fresh baked bun. I couldn’t say no to that, and it was great! I am very grateful for them inviting me into their family and being their friend. I love the very much and want to help them in any way I can. 
Men work on Juan's father's old truck
Most people eat quit well, and Juan often invites other friends to eat with us. They also seem to be happy and content, but it hard for me to really say what they think and feel at this time. They have cell-phones and some families have 12-volt TV, to watch how other parts of the world live. This seem to be one of their main forms of entertainment other than talking with friend or each other. Yet they are content, yet I have never seen people living in houses like some people I’ve seen here. As I mentioned before, their drinking water is brought in and the water for cleaning comes from small wells with windmills to pump the water into storage tanks, but they only supple a few of the houses and some days there is not even enough water in the ground and so they may have to wait a day for it to rise up enough. The children have very few toys if any so they learn to play and get along with one another and the adults. And that I think is better over all.
Children at preschool
One day, I gave one of my Spanish books to an American transient who lives in his car and is trying to learn to speak Spanish while traveling around Mexico. We jot into a discussion about God and the Bible, which he didn’t believe in. I told him, I know the Truth and I speak to God every day and He speaks to me. But to him that was just my opinion. However, I prayed for him and I told him some he would feel differently about that. While we talked the rich man that I had met, a couple days earlier, was sitting in our conversation. After the American left, we got to talk some more. His offer still stood and so did my desires. But I did learn the he was a doctor (anesthesiologist) for thirty-two years. Before I leave I hope He get to see the work of the Great Physician, but either way I leave him in God hands.

Some of the homes
Juan’s whole family makes seven of the homes in La Manga. He has four sisters and had one young brother who died in a fishing accident last year and his brother’s wife also died of cancer at the age of 22 leave their only son to be raise by others in the family. Family is important in Mexico, and I believe this one is going to be used to build the Family of God. Jesus used fishermen to change the Nation of Israel, and I believing He will use Juan’s family of fishermen to help change Mexico.

One day Antonio, asked me for my writing tablet, so I gave it to him, he wrote down is name and address along with his email and face book address. That was a real surprise to me, I learn he is the only family with a computer and they have four laptops, and he wants read by blog and for me to write him, then it can all be translated into Spanish. Wow, that’s awesome.

Later that day, some Spanish tourist from Texas came by and asked Juan if he would take them all out for a joy ride in the ocean and they would pay him. I briefly met them and told them who I was and what I was doing in Mexico and they appreciated my mission. I helped Juan get the boat in the water along with some of the other men. As I pushed them out the tourist wanted me to join them, so all thirteen of us when for a joy ride, including a little baby. It was really fun, and the baby never cried. The ocean had large swells that made for a really exciting ride as we plowed through them getting socked in the process.

This adventure with God just keeps getting better every day. I made a point to touch and bless most of them before they left, and they where glad I came along, and I thanked them. Then the next day, I got as opportunity to help Delia build a wall on the side to her humble little home. I enjoyed have more time with her, yet there is so much more I want to tell her about God’s love for her and her family and community, but it will have to be another day.  In the meantime I’m trusting God’s timing.

Now back to faith, at night I usually sleep with my windows down and my side door open, because of the heat, but it is getting cooler. My doors are usually unlocked day and night, even when I go swimming. Last night, I even slept in a different area away from the houses and barking dogs and I slept fine as I trust God’s protecting hand and the people he has lead me to love. But the greatest step of faith may be when I leave here. I may not get to see the miracles I hoped for or the changes in people’s lives, but I know it will happen, just as He did with me.

Inside the little church
I was not called to be a church planter or an apostle, but a prophet. So I will speak the words God has for me for La Manga, Mexico and the people I meet. Then move on to my next destination. Restoration comes in many ways and at different times, it not always for me to say how and when it will happen. But the Kingdom of God is being established and that’s what counts and God’s love is being demonstrated. Whether the people here will ever understand why an American came here, is not important. God knows why and that’s what counts. 

I know that someday soon, I will see miracles through my words and touch, and the fruit of my efforts. But the most important thing for now is for me to find contentment in just being with my Heavenly Father, and to trust in His timing as to how all this adventure works out.

Manuel's school
Speaking is signs from God. Yesterday when I passed Manuel school after I had a little talk with God in the empty church. God had me notice a small sign on the center of the school building wall. It said:
Three thousand miles away and God lead me here.

Again another beautiful sunset over the Pacific Ocean
Is there any doubt as to where I'm supposed to be? It a small world after all, and God is, in complete control. Amen!
Sunset on the hills of La Manga