October 1, 2012

I'm Your Shade


Behold, He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep. The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand. The sun will not smite you by day, or the moon by night. The Lord will protect you from all evil; He will keep your soul. The Lord will guard your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forever." (Psalms 121:4-8) Wow, just what I needed to hear.

The Lord gave me this scripture that morning. It has been very hot the last couple weeks, and at times it was hard to get to sleep in the van. However, as I drove the last thirty miles to the border town of Nogales, a cloud started to form as you see in this photograph I took. The cloud continued to build until the hold city was covered in shade and much cooler. It also rained the next morning. I also checked on things at the border where I will be doing my “going out” of the United States and my “coming in” to Mexico. October first I will cross the threshold into a new adventure. The next few days I will continue to prepare my heart and mind in His presence.

Then that afternoon, the Lord gave me another scripture from Isaiah 6:7-9. “Behold this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sins forgiven.” Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!” He said, Go...” These scriptures were my green light to precede forward and a great conformation of His will for me. At this time I will be proceeding toward Guaymas on the coast of Mexico where there will be poor Mexicans also, and speak English too; hopefully the weather will also be cooler. God wants me to enjoy this adventure also; not to make it harder for me. I'm trusting Him to give me the wisdom and discernment on how to best serve these beautiful people, and give me words to declare and watch the Holy Spirit do the rest. I’m learning to completely trust in my Heavenly Father’s love and protection for me. 

Note: If you haven't read my articles lately. You will noticed I have posted quit a few new ones to bring you current as to where I am time wise. This is an exciting day for me, I'm crossing the threshold to another adventure in Mexico with my Heavenly Father. I'll let you know how that all went in my next article. God Bless you all and keep praying for me.