September 30, 2012

Beneath The Cross


This was my late week in the United States, and it’s been was very hot, far too hot for me to get a decent nights sleep in my van. One night, I parked in a Catholic Church parking lot in Tucson, Arizona. However, not far from where I parked the van there was a very tall structure, next to the church building. The structure held five large bells vertically suspended between two columns, and on the side of one of the columns was a life size crucifix of  Jesus facing the church main doors.

As I waited for it to get cooler, I decided to sit on a retaining wall in the moonlight that was just beneath the cross and have a little talk with Jesus. As I sat there, I thought of the price He paid, and what has become of His church today. Over the past few years, I've prayed for unity in the Body of Christ. If people only understood what Jesus accomplished that day when He spoke those three little word; “It is finished.” What a different world this would be. He wanted us to be one with Him and the Father, and one as His multi-membered Bride. United in His love, not divided because of pride or predigest.

I started declaring restoration and forgiveness for the Church, and for the foolish things we have done to create division between our brothers and sisters. I also forgave those who felt it was necessary to purify the Church with their religious mindsets and doctrines. I told God this was a huge problem, which He already knew; but it’s not impossible one, thanks to His wonderful grace and the awesome power of the blood Jesus Christ, that was shed on that cross for all who believe in Him.