September 12, 2009

Broken Covanant


"My covenant with Levi was one of life and peace, and I gave them to him as an object of reverence; so he revered Me and stood in awe of My name. True instruction was in his mouth and unrighteousness was not found on his lips; he walked with Me in peace and uprightness, and he turned many back from doing evil. Likewise the lips of the priest [minister] should preserve knowledge, and men should seek instruction from his mouth; for he is the messenger of the Lord of Hosts. But as for you, you have left the way; you have caused many of My children to stumble by your laws and traditions, you have corrupted and broken the covenant I made with Levi," says the Lord of Hosts. So I have made you despised and humiliated in the eyes of all the people, because you are not keeping My ways but are showing favoritism in [your] instruction."

Malachi 2:5-9 (PAR)