September 15, 2009

Prophet of Hope


"Hope says that I no longer need be dismayed over my personal dishonesty and self-centeredness and feeble life of faith, my laziness. That I no longer need to feel defeated, insensitive, and superficial."

"Because the question no longer is: Can I do it? Am I able? Can I overcome my moodiness, my laziness, my sensuality, my grudges, and resentments? The only question is: Is Jesus Christ able? Can My Savior, the Lord of my life, revive my drooping spirit and transform me..."

"Do you relate at all to where I'm coming from? Has despair ever destroyed all joy and courage in your life? Has loneliness, unemployment, divorce, the lose of a loved one, betrayal by a friend, a totally unforeseen tragedy, ever plunged you into similar darkness?"

"Or... is the future, rather than anything in the past, that cast the shadow on your life? The Prophets of doom today paint a paralyzing portrait of apocalyptic disaster. We have no shortage of gloomy predictions and forecasts. What we desperately need is a prophet of hope with a vision of Good News. We are in urgent need of a reason to go on. 'Without a vision,' says the Book of Proverbs, 'the people perish' (Proverbs 29:18, KJV )."

" Where can we look for such a prophet, such a vision?"

Brennan Manning, Lion and Lamb

Note: This quotation was written in 1986, yet many people today feel the same way. However, I'm happy to say that God has raised up such prophets in these last days. So don't despair or give up hope. God wants you to hear the Good News that He is coming to save us from our situation, and that the Love and Power of the Heavenly Father is coming in a way that has never been seen. The Kingdom of heaven will, and is, to be established on the earth for all God's children. And all our pains, sorrow, sickness and diseases will vanish. That is, if we believe.

If, you have such negative feelings don't listen to them, or to other sources that speak contrary to God's Word. Hopelessness stems from our fears. We must remove them, by exposing the lies from Satan, and believe what God has said. Jesus told us that He came to give us life and His authority. He also said, He would never leave or forsake us. We must renew our minds by reading and obeying His Word and listening to His voice. And to hold on to all His promises, no matter how dark things may look or feel. Pray that God will open your eyes and ears, to see and hear, so you may enjoy all good things He has planed for you. Yield your heart and trust to Him, and be willing to be led by the Holy Spirit. God is not finished with you, no matter how old you are. Actually, He has only just begun. If you so desire to see and/or hear His prophets of Hope, He will reveal them to you. They may be closer to than you realize.