September 21, 2009

God of Justice


Last night I had a dream. And in that dream, I was speaking to a group of people. As I was finishing my speech with, "if MY people who are called by My Name will humble themselves..." I was awaken by God. I immediately got up and went into the another room to pray.

Before falling asleep I had been weeping before God. I had been feeling so useless and helpless, yet I thanked Him, knowing He loved me and that He would help me because He had plans for my life. I had been working on my Blog, on an article about Solemn Assembly, and was having problems editing it. In frustration, I just shut the computer down and decided to wait for someone to help me. I then went in and sat down with my wife in the living room to watch the movie " Flash of Genius".

The movie was about a man named Kearns, who had invented the intermittent windshield wiper for cars, back in the 60's. With a friend, who did business with Ford Motor, he had shown the prototype model he had made to the Ford Motor Company . But Ford played Kearns for a fool, stole the idea and gave him no money or credit for his invention. Ford used it the following year on their automobiles, unbeknown to him. Ford's attitude was that they were so big and powerful that no one could ever sue and win against them in court. But Mr. Kearns would never give up trying to reveal the wrong that had been done, and it nearly destroyed his life and his family. Even his attorneys quit because He wouldn't compromise and left him to defend himself. He never gave up on of the principle of justice. Other inventors in similar circumstances encouraged him to continue fighting, in essence, for all of them, the little person, who is up against big companies and overwhelming odds (ei: David vs. Goliath).

During my quiet time in prayer God reminds me of the movie. That sometimes we too, can be overwhelmed by the battle before us; seeking to see truth and justice prevail. It may cost us everything if we want to see victory over the enemy, Satan. But just like in the movie, after 12 years of perseverance, Mr. Kearns won, big time! He rejected initial lower offers and could have even settled for more out of court, but he fought instead for the truth, not for the money. He humbled himself before a Court of Justice and the jury gave him the victory. Another valuable lesson in the story was that Mr. Kearns' friend had asked, not to be involved with the law suit, because it would hurt him financially. Kearns agreed, knowing full well that it would make it harder to win his case. And He held no bitterness towards his friend for not helping.

Likewise, in the Court of Heaven, God sits on the throne of Justice . He too cares about Truth and Justice. God, is a just God and knows everything, including every secret thought. He will right the wrongs and will restore all things and God's people will never be put to shame (Joel 2:18-27). Nothing will remain hidden that is not covered by the Blood of the Lamb. The wealth will be returned to the sons (Is. 60:5, Jer.30:17). The Judge of heaven and earth will have the last word in favor of all His good and faithful servants. By faith, we already have the victory and the awards He gives are forth coming. But for now, the sons of God on earth are going through a season of struggles, called Jacob's striving, So don't give up, keep fighting the good fight of faith.

As sons we are all in a battle against Satan and his demons, not people. Satan wants us to focus on people and the problems, not on Jesus. The Devil seeks to steal, kill, or destroy us with his lies and the deceptive power. He doesn't want us to realize all the power that God has given us and hopes that we also will settle for less. Yet God wants us to use that authority against Satan's activities, to take back all of what He has stolen. The only real power Satan has are his lies and illusions. Sometimes we get too caught up in the battle of words, what we perceive to be real, and in the pains of the cross. As a result we start to loose focus of the Truth.

Sometimes, I also get caught up in the pain, like the man in the movie, that I had missed the part of his compassion he showed for his friend, until the Lord reminded me. We too, need to always remember that people are human, weak and often make mistakes and many are in bondage to there mistakes, but they are not the enemy. They are also God's children. The friend in the movie must have been very grateful. Likewise, people will feel the same way toward us when we overlook their weaknesses and failures, by showing God's incredible love.

When we get a glimpse or "flash" of Jesus, it too will change our lives and the pain won't seem so important. Looking at Him and listening to His Spirit will give us all the knowledge, insight and ability we need for our "flash of genius". So, don't be discouraged because we know the Truth and we know that the battle has already been won. And it will have been worth it all, when we see Jesus.

Prayer - Thank you Father, for letting me see this movie and for reminding me of the things I have just shared. Forgive me for getting caught up in the pains of the cross. And by faith I will stay focused on You and have compassion for my friends and all God's children.