September 14, 2009

Intercession


Time 1:37 am

I didn't want to get up this early to pray. I don't like feeling tired when I pray. But as I lay there, God reminded me that man has always tried to negotiate a better deal with Him, instead of accepting the steeper cost of following His will. So, I got up to pray. (I figured that since He's God, He already knows I'm tired. Yet, He woke me up despite my tiredness.) Waking up to pray and intercede is a simple gift I can offer that costs me something. And that's what makes it special to the Lord.
After all, helping someone (even through prayer) should cost us something, even if it is some time or sleep. Thank you, Father, for the simple gift of sacrifice.

By the Love and Grace of God, we will overcome all our fears and set others free from theirs. There is more that can be accomplished in prayer than we have thus far imagined. We simply must wait on Him.