September 10, 2012

Hit and Run

Welcome to Bandon, Oregan

After leaving the art show I went to Coos Bay, Oregon, and got a bite to eat. While I was there I checked out a few things. However, I didn't feel that this was where I was to stay, so I prayed that the demonic oppression that had been over the city for so long would be broken and restoration for the lives that had been bound there. Then I continued south on Highway 101 to Bandon, Oregan. But just before I got there I could see flashing lights from a police car coming toward me in the distance. Then I noticed cars parked on both sides of the highway. I though there had been an accident of some kind and started to slow down. Then I saw something in the on coming lane, that I thought was a deer. I slowed down even more as I drove by it.

What I saw was not a deer, but the mangled bloody body of a young man. I had never seen anything like this before, that is except in war movies. I pulled over to the side of the road just as the police car arrived. I got out to see what I could do. Then I notice there was another larger body half way off the shoulder of the road, and some people standing around it. There was also a large dog, who would not let anyone near the body in the road. The dog was scare and didn't realize the man, maybe his owner, was dead.

I didn't think this was the time for me to start raising the dead, even though that would be something. But I could pray for the other person that was now being put on a stretcher by paramedic. I prayed for his recovery so that they would see and understand the grace of God, plus know Him as their personal savior. As more emergency unites arrive I continued to pray as other look on in horror at the sight. Then an officer came over and asked me if I was a witness. I said no and then told him what I was doing, and he replied, keep praying and so I did. Then I help direct traffic to a detour road, while the lane I was in was now stopped completely to see if there where any witness. There were no damaged cars, apparently someone was distracted and hit them while they were walking on the side of the highway or as some reports stated that it was a deliberate act. Either way it was a hit and run, accident?

I finally got on my way again, but what a way to end a day that began so different at the art show. I went to the beach in Bandon to get my mind off what I had just seen. But, it was still hard to go to sleep that night, with that image still flashing through my mind. I tried to focus on Jesus in the mist of the storm and find His peace.



The next morning I went to the local hospital to see how the surviving victim was doing, but they were taken to a larger one in another city, but the reports I read on-line said they were in critical condition and the police were still looking for the suspect that cause this. I was reminded of the parable Jesus told about two men working in the field, one was taken and the other man left. It can all happen in the twinkling of an eye. We never know what may happen in life's journey, so it's important to always be ready and in His presence.

At the end of each day there is still hope