September 30, 2012

Prince of Peace


Welcome to Sedona
After leaving Las Vegas, I went to Sedona, Arizona where I found a beautiful campsite up in the mountains just outside the city. The first night, I sat in my van and wrote the article on No More Gambling. However, my battery power on the computer was getting very low, so I stopped for the night. I then went to bed about 9, because it’s dark and there is nothing else to do.

However, after I woke up and spent some time with God I wanted to add some final touches to the article. But, I found out that I had no power from my 12-volt converter. Then I found out that the cigarette receptacle was not working either that the converter was plug into. There are several other receptacles in the van, but not as convenient as this one next to the driver seat. So I went to get the manual on the converter in the back of the van, but discovered the back lift-up door would not unlock, electrically or manually, even though all of these things worked earlier. Bummers! Now what do I do?

I was hoping to spend a few days here just to relax and in a cooler climate. And wait on God some more; I don’t believe we can do that too much. I even took a little longer route to be here to have that quite time to unwind after the Vegas experience. But, I was starting to get upset again.

On the way here, I had to replace the old Coleman camp stove, that wasn’t working. I finally found a new one at a Wal-Mart store that had the same kind of Coleman gas stove. (It will even work with unleaded fuel.) But it still cost me a $100, and now these other things were happening. Something was trying to steal my peace and joy. Then I asked myself, why are these things so important to me anyway? Isn’t Jesus Christ alone good enough; was the question that came to my mind? And my answer was, YES, of course He is good enough!

So I went and paid for another night to stay here, instead of driving down to Phoenix and find someone to help solve these problems. Yes I can live and even survive without them, even if they are continent now or even later. Circumstance will bow, and I will continue trust in my Prince of Peace.

A very nice couple, Ted and Mindy, was in the campsite next to mine and she was kind enough to let me use her 12-volt converter. Later in the day her husband went for a hike by himself and so we got to talk and shared some of our life and family. Later, after our talk, she asked me if I would like to have dinner with them, stake, potatoes and green beans. Couldn’t say no to that after what she saw I had planned to eat.

After dinner, as we all sat around the fire, I got to share more of the miracles in my life, God’s love and heart. Mindy held up the other end of the conversation as Ted kept the fire going and listened. It was a great way to end the day. While Ted was hiking, Mindy had told me it was his birthday. I noticed he was more the strong silent type, yet I knew he loved God. So I decided to give him a special gift the next morning to remind them of the unique stranger and God's love for him.
Leaving the town of Sodona
By the time I got to Phoenix, I had asked God to lead me to the right place and people to help me. I turn off the freeway and found myself on auto row. I usually avoid dealer, because they’re busy and more expense. However, I felt led to disregard those fears and trust God. So I when into the Chevy service department and met a young man named David. I told him my problem, put he had never heard of it before regarding the back door and the cigarette lighter not working. It was a $127 for a diagnostic test. Ouch! Then he offered to check the Internet. Bingo! They were connected by a fuse, which he offered to go out and replace at no charge. When he was through I gave him a big hug and offered him a painting. He said he couldn't do that after I showed him three, even though there was one that he really liked. I said, “ For that you deserve a double blessing. So I prayed a powerful prayer over him and his wife. Then he said don’t forgot my three kids, and then I prayed again. 

After that I went to Best Buy and they replaced my 12 volt converter for free and they just had one left like mine. God is so good and my Prince of Peace. I then felt I was to go back and give David the painting. When I did he was surprised and grateful. Now it was time to head south to the border. It had been a very hot day, 101 degrees, and I hoped for some cooles weather.