September 25, 2012

The Love Letter


Welcome to Yosemite National Park
In my last article The Redwoods, I mentioned that God and I talked about love—well, it seem He wasn’t through. Last night I spent the night in the Sierra Nevada Mountains about fifty miles northwest of the heart of Yosemite National park. The reason for this was, because the main sites were already full by the time I had gotten on the valley floor of the park. I had driven 7 hours from the Redwoods and by 5:30 that evening they were full, and I was tired. The camp ranger said I could go back forty-minutes to the entrance where there were other none park campsites still available, and come in the next morning to get an open space.  

I was very upset, but mainly for another reason. I didn’t get what I had hoped for, in the Redwoods. I decided to move on, besides this adventure was not about going backward or starring at large impressive rock formations that I got to see on the way in. As I was driving away, I managed to start finding some peace about the whole thing. Besides I wasn’t looking for places to see, but for the faces of the poor in Mexico. Then I began to praise God and thanking Him despite my disappointments. I realize that not every day went the way the apostle would have liked. Look at Paul’s life, he was stoned, ship wrecked and in prison often. So I felt I was getting off pretty easy so far, so why complain or be discouraged.

Then that night I decided to parked at turnout on the mountain highway leaving the main area to get some sleep, even though the ranger said that wasn’t allowed. Another car had already parked there and I felt God wanted me to spend the night there, because I would miss somethings I would enjoy.

Before I woke up the next morning, I had a dream. In this dream, there was a pretty women, who I had just briefly met and I already enjoyed her company. Then she said somethings to me about a letter that was intended for me. It talked mainly about how I needed reassurance of being loved and feeling special. There was more said, but I don’t remember it all. 

When I woke up I was upset again. If this was a message from God, why didn’t He just leave me “the letter” so I could read it? Then I though more about the dream and the women, was she God like the big black women in the book called, The Shack?

Then God reminded me that everything she said I already knew. Many Christians, including me, often feel God has to prove his love, when He has already done it so many times and ways and we just don’t realize or recognize it. We are also very special to Him; we just need to believe and accept it. But, we often want that reassurance to come from others, including our spouse or a person of the opposite sex to make us “feel“ something. But, God love us, plain and simple and that should be enough. Everything we need, desire or ever will want can only be found in that Love.

Then God said, as far as your future goes, you can still do whatever you want and you can go to the poor in Mexico. I really do have a choice, and I always hope I make the right one. If not, I know I’m forgiven and He will help me through it, because He loves me. By then the sun was just rising and it was another beautiful day, just another expression of God’s love for me. And so my journey continues and whatever happens, we do it together.

Less than a mile away, there was this lookout point that faced back to the valley. I would have missed if I hadn’t stopped, because of my frustrations that evening. Then God and I took a hike up this mountain shown here to view His unique creation, just like us—special.

That morning sunrise
The view I would have missed
And the mountain rock we climbed together.

Later that morning, I found a nice campsite and just enjoyed spend time being with God. That evening we sat by the campfire and talked some more. Then I laid back on the camp table and looked up at the star filled sky and thought of the awesome promise God made to Abraham. Wow, this was a wonderful way to end my Tabernacle Season with God. It was a very good day and night.

Thank You Father, for being just the way you are, and for your Love Letter, Jesus Christ, and that (He) will be more than enough for me.
Leaving California

As I traveled through the barren wasteland, I prophesied that the deserts would once again bloom and be filled with His glory.